Contactless tolling. Contactless tolling.

About K-TAG

What is K-TAG and how does it work?

K-TAG is a small device that is electronically read at toll plazas. The primary K-TAG in use on the Kansas Turnpike is a sticker K-TAG, although other options are available. The sticker K-TAG adheres to the inside of your vehicle's windshield. K-TAG stickers are free for customers and bumper-mounted external K-TAGs are $25.

Using K-TAG is easy: you simply adhere the K-TAG properly to your vehicle and link your account to a valid credit card or to your bank account. Statements for the months you have driven are emailed to you. Plus, you'll receive an electronic discount on every trip!

Whether you travel the turnpike every day or once a year - K-TAG is for everyone.

If you have any questions, contact us.

Where can I use my K-TAG?

Currently, K-TAGs can be used on the Kansas Turnpike and any toll roads (Authorized Facilities) in Oklahoma, Texas, and Florida

Can my K-TAG bill be withdrawn from my bank account and if so, how does that work?

K-TAG customers who manage their account online can request tolls be automatically withdrawn from a bank account. To sign-up, login to your account at and update your payment information.

Then, on the first business day of the month, you'll receive a statement of toll charges and the amount due via email, allowing time for review. On the 15th (or next business day) of the month, your toll charges will automatically be deducted from your chosen bank account.

What K-TAG should I use for my motorcycle?

We have a free sticker K-TAG designed specifically for motorcycles that mounts horizontally to any non-metallic surface on your motorcycle or helmet. Just like our other sticker K-TAGs, these are free and have no monthly fees associated with them. Watch video to left to learn how best to mount a K-TAG on your motorcycle.

How do I mount my K-TAG?

For the sticker K-TAG, peel off the back and install behind your rear-view mirror. For detailed instructions, please view the video.

For the bumper-mounted external K-TAG that mounts on the front license plate area of your vehicle: position the K-TAG so that the holes in the K-TAG baseplates correspond to the top holes in the upper portion of the vehicle license plate area. Tighten bolts with a wrench to secure K-TAG to vehicle.

Owners of large vehicles can learn more about mounting a K-TAG here. See the motorcycle question and video above for instructions on mounting a K-TAG on your motorcycle.

What if I purchase a new car or replace my windshield?

If you purchase a new car or replace your windshield, be sure to call the K-TAG Customer Service Center at (316) 652-2650 to deactivate your K-TAG. They will send you a new K-TAG because your sticker K-TAG will not work after you remove it from your windshield.

How many tags can I order?

On the order K-TAGs page of our website, you can order up to two sticker and motorcycle K-TAGs. To order more than two sticker K-TAGs, call (316) 652-2650. K-TAG orders are processed within 3-5 business days.

I already have a K-TAG account; can I add more tags?

Yes, you may order additional K-TAGs from your account online or call (316) 652-2650

Can I transfer my K-TAG between vehicles?

You cannot transfer sticker K-TAGs between vehicles. You can order up to two here or call (316) 652-2650 to order more, so every vehicle you own can have its own K-TAG. You can transfer bumper-mounted K-TAGs between vehicles. All K-TAGs must be properly mounted.

Can I just hold the K-TAG up while I go through the K-TAG lane?

No. In order for your K-TAG to work properly and ensure your smooth passage through the K-TAG lane, you must properly mount your K-TAG in your windshield.

Will K-TAG work on my vehicle?

K-TAG works on most vehicles. However, a small number of vehicles have special metals and/or sensors embedded into the windshield to assist with deicing or reducing heat/glare. The metals and sensors can affect the way your K-TAG will work. Check your owner's manual for special instructions about your windshield.

Where can I view the K-TAG Customer Agreement?

Click here to view the customer agreement.

Why is it important to add my vehicle's license plate to my K-TAG account?

License plates serve as a back-up in case your K-TAG doesn't read. Do not remove your K-TAG from your vehicle. A license plate associated to a K-TAG can also assist as we become compatible with other states.

How can I speak with a K-TAG Customer Service Rep?

Call (316) 652-2650. Representatives are available Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. except on holidays.

How do I manage my K-TAG account?

Your K-TAG account can be managed by logging in here. Or consider getting our NEW MyK-TAG mobile app available for iOS or Android. Customers can manage their payment methods, contact information, license plates, and K-TAGs.

Do you have a pre-paid option for K-TAG?

BancPass powered by K-TAG is a reloadable, pre-paid option for electronic customers. Customers can purchase a BancPass starter kit at or select Kansas retailers for $20, which includes a toll sticker, reload card, $10 in tolls and further instructions.

Can I convert my BancPass account to a K-TAG account?

BancPass accounts can’t be converted to a K-TAG account and vice versa. You’ll need to establish a K-TAG account and close your BancPass account by calling 866-978-5061.

Can you provide a Kansas permit for my vehicle?

We cannot provide you with a permit for your vehicle, but we have listed several sources for obtaining a permit. Information about permits and commercial vehicles is available on-line from the Kansas Highway Patrol at The phone number for central permits in Topeka, Kansas is (785) 296-2356. Alternatively, the Kansas Department of Motor Vehicles provides motor carrier references here.

Can you help me renew my license plate for my vehicle?

No, we do not renew or issue license plates. These questions should be directed toward your local county courthouse or department of motor vehicles. Visit the Kansas Treasurer's web site for more information on renewing or obtaining a new license plate for your vehicle.

How do I learn more about the Kansas Turnpike?

For general KTA information, visit our KTA About Page.

How can I receive text alerts about incidents on the roadway that might affect traffic?

You can sign up for KTA's Text Alerts by clicking here. These text alerts are provided free of charge by the KTA. However, standard text messaging rates may apply from your cellular service provider. These text alerts are available to everyone, not just K-TAG customers and are in no way linked to your K-TAG account.